And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, May 07, 2008

If You Don't Have Children, Thank Your Lucky Stars

I brought Little Sprout with me to Job #3 today. This is fine with my boss (she is really just a friend who pays me to help her out with her grandma), and everything seemed just fine. Until.....



Little Sprout got bored, as Sprouts often do. I started clicking through channels in hopes of finding something for her to zone out to for a few minutes while I gathered up our stuff to go home, and THIS caught her eye.



Ummm, yeah-no. It is called Yo Gabba Gabba, and it is quite possibly the worst program I have ever seen on TV. The dude in the freaky orange jumpsuit? He dances....badly....to songs that Big Sprout could have written when she was 4. As in: "Eyes, eyes, eyes on my face. I see with my eyes, eyes, eyes."

And do those other monster looking things freak anyone else out? I mean, their mouths don't move, their hands flop uncontrollably, they kind of flail around the poorly designed set to quasi-electronic music.

And seriously. That red bumpy one-eyed phallic symbol over there? I think I saw that at an adult gift store one time when I was looking for a good gag gift for a friend.

I am gonna have some great nightmares tonight, I tell ya.

3 comments:

RuthieJ said...

too weird! (and thanking my lucky stars.....) Of course, I'm at a distinct disadvantage here, because I don't know Scooby-Doo language and can't name any of the Sponge Bob characters

Kati said...

*snort & chuckle* Man.... And my parents throught Smurfs and DuckTales was pointless?!?!? It's amazing how very early the dumbing down is starting, these days.

Deb said...

I am so glad my youngest has now moved on to The Simpsons and the like. Yeesh, these guys make The Teletubbies look like intelligent life forms!