And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Have Got to Be the Luckiest Mom in the World

Big Sprout, unable to wait for the official Mother's Day, brought me breakfast in bed this morning. At 7am. When I could have slept until 8. Just the same, I teared up at how wonderfully thoughtful my wonderful sprout is.

Big Sprout headed out with her honorary uncle at 8:30 to go fishing, and I dropped Little Sprout off with my folks at 9:15 so I could go to work. When I showed up at my folks' place to pick up both the Sprouts, Big Sprout was making me a grilled cheese sandwich! After we got in the car, she gave me a cute little card and a nice key chain with a wonderful saying about moms on it.

I am sooooo lucky to have her in my life!

1 comment:

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

I bet LS knows that the 'Lucky' part works both ways for the two of you Barefoot...