And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Can I put my head back in the sand now?

Since I worked last night, I spent most of yesterday evening laying in bed watching National Geographic Channel. Yeah, I should have been napping, but that would make my life to easy.

So there I was, watching all the Earth Day specials they had on, and one thing totally jumped out at me that still gives me the shivers.

The polar icecaps could conceivably be 100% gone by 2045. For those of you (like me) who are really bad at math, that means in.....let me get out my calculator......37 years.

DID YOU HEAR THAT?! 37 YEARS!

In 37 years I will be 67. Probably still living. My sprouts will be right smack in their middle years. I might have Grandsprouts. Oh. My. Gosh.

It was so much nicer when I knew things were bad in a hazy kind of way. I could do the whole "reduce, reuse, recycle" thing and sleep well at night. Not so much, after this. It is better to know, but golly it's uncomfortable.

No comments: