And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Woot! I Got Another One!!



I think maybe I won't hate Valentine's Day this year! Everyone seems to be in an award-giving mood, and I love it! Ruthie of Nature Knitter passed this pretty little gem on to me. She says that I always have something interesting going on in my life. I am going to take this as a compliment to my writing, because (evidently) I can make things sound much interesting than they are. Hehe. I wish I could turn around and give it right back to her, but I think that is against the rules.

I am to pass this baby on to 10 people. Holy Smokes! Let's see what I can do about that....


The Nameless One (yeah, that's you, Mysti). The woman is fabulously cool, and she made my day just recently by returning to Blogland.

Gretchen. I don't know that I have ever commented on her blog, so I don't really "know" her, but she always posts about the funny things her 3 kids do. Guaranteed giggles, I swear.

Dirk. The dude said he loved me. Talk about making my day. He is also, through his own passion, making me more interested in politics than I have been in years.

E4. Also found here. He is good people, as is his wife. They are having a baby soon and I am so excited!

Lynne is a birding diva who has been going through some tough stuff lately. Still she maintains a positive outlook and is taking the time to show us the beauty she finds in her daily life.

Wendy quite simply inspires me. Her dedication to living a simpler, more sustainable life is amazing. I think it is so cool that she makes so much of her family's food from scratch. Wild, I tell you.


Whew! Over half-way there. This is turning out to be easier than I thought. Who would have thunk I have so many blogging buddies?

Ms. Style. Living lightly on the earth without sacrificing style? I love that!

Whim's story is so incredibly inspiring. Again, I don't think I have ever commented, but I have been lurking for a long time. What better way to introduce myself, huh?

Em is a great guy who is also going through some miserable times just recently. I hope to make his day a little brighter with this.

Last but not least, Willow. I am incredibly jealous of this gal. She lives in England. It is warm there. I bet she has an adorable accent. need I say more?

Well, I made it. Now I am off to let all these fine people know that they have treasure waiting for them here at my place.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! If you aren't the most popular girl in blogland!! Good for you!

barefoot gardener said...

Not yet, but I am working on it! **winky, winky**

Kidding, I am so flattered about all this.

Em said...

Thanks for the award! I love a little attention and affection. And you are right...this is the perfect time. I needed that smile! :)

whimsical brainpan said...

Thanks for the award. You really know how to de-lurk!
:-)

RuthieJ said...

Way to go Barefoot! Isn't it fun how much joy a little award can bring to our friends in blogland? I think I enjoyed passing it on even more than being awarded!

DirkStar said...

Thanks!

And yes, I do think this is a very important election...

I hate to say it but I think we're about to see our first Generation X elected president.

The M tv video mentality loves this guy but I think he's just too young.

~Gretchen~ said...

Aw, thanks! My kids are the funniest people I know. I never stop laughing and I'm glad to share some giggles!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Aww, thank you very much! I'm so flatterd and your kind words made my day!

willow said...

Thank you for the award. I'm just catching up on my reading and will be checking out all the links.

Mysti said...

You love me.. you REALLY love me.. Oh, wait, that was Sally Fields wasn't it. Well, we are the same height! :)

Thanks Barefoot - you are a doll. And I love the new layout and header with the sprouts. How sweet!