And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, February 11, 2008

Thank Goodness!

I thought I lost my 'net! I was here, then I closed out to do something else (remember, it's an old 'puter, so the fewer things I have going at once the better), and when I tried to come back it was gone!

I tried to stay calm. I really did. I looked at all the lights. The ones that were supposed to be blinking were blinking, the ones that were supposed to be on steadily were doing that, too. Even the lights that never light up were reassuringly dark. Yet no 'net. I re-booted the 'puter. No 'net. At this point, I felt my bottom lip pooch out in the unmistakable first indication of a pout. Tears welled up in my eyes, and my breath started hitching. I reached for the phone to call Mr. Barefoot, but refrained, knowing he would just tell me that it would have to wait until he got home from work.

I couldn't wait until he got home! There was no way I would survive for long without my beloved 'net, my only link to the outside world. I actually had to interact with my Sprouts (oh, the horror)!!!

Just as I was about to dissolve into a hopeless puddle of tears, I remembered the old trick of shutting down the whole 'puter, unplugging it for a few seconds, and then turning it all back on.

It worked!!!! Of course, it took FOREVER for the stupid thing to shut all the way down and reboot, but it worked. I now can sit and stare at my pretty lights all I want.

Thank goodness!

Of course, spell check still doesn't work, but I am willing to take what I can get. :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Blogger hates me and keeps eating my comments before I get them posted. Arg!

you think your 'puter and mine are in cahoots??

RuthieJ said...

Hi Barefoot,
Now that you're up and running again, please stop by my blog and pick up your award!

barefoot gardener said...

Lisa
I have had that happen a lot lately, too. I think our 'puters are definitely plotting against us.

Ruthie
Thanks so much! That is sweet.

Kati said...

Glad to hear you didn't lose your computer!!! That would have been tragic!