And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why?!

Why did I decide another child would be a good idea? What was I thinking? My house had finally reached the point where I could keep it semi-clean! I could work on my projects with no interruptions (well, fewer anyway). All my clothes did not have little sticky handprint stains on them. I could sleep in in the morning!

Okay, maybe life wasn't quite that utopian before Little Sprout came along. Still, the little stinker is being a royal pain right now. Remember Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street? When Ernie went looking for something, he would put his head down in the toy chest and just throw things over his shoulder.

Yeah, that's Little Sprout right now. You would think I would be allowed to accomplish some housekeeping tasks with her so occupied, but every time I turn away she is sticking something in her mouth or climbing up on the toy bin.

Anyone know where I can get a straight-jacket, size 12 mo?

2 comments:

Gina said...

Ahh, I have three months before Lyndon hits the "Ernie" point.

Hang in there, Mama!

Lisa said...

My experience is that just when you don't think you can take OneMoreMinute of whatever irritating thing they are doing, it will stop and some new behave will take it's place.

This too will pass, and then the Sprouts will be on to weird fashion, loser boyfriends, and ... driving! :)