And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, January 27, 2008

Distracted

Well, I finally got the holiday decorations down today. Now I am going to make Mr. Barefoot carry them all up two flights of stairs to our storage room. Haha.

Sorry for the infrequent (and fairly boring) posts just lately, but I am finding myself increasingly distracted. I have so many things that I am thinking about and researching. Mr. Barefoot has finally gotten fully on board with my goal to pay off our debt and clean up our credit so that we can hopefully someday own our own home. It is so excited to finally feel like he is 100% behind me on this.

I also have about half a million projects in the planning stages, and there is not enough room in my head to hold everything. I feel like the absent-minded professor.

Anyway, I am trying to keep up with all of you even if I am not doing so much here, so don't go thinking I abandoned you all:)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh we don't feel abandoned! At least I don't. I just figured life got in the way, like mine does.

Congrats on getting the Mr behind you on your quest to clean up your credit. That's half the battle right there! Good for you!

We will all still be here, whenever you have time for an update!

Wendy said...

Ah! Doesn't it feel good to finally have your choices validated by your significant other :). It took a really long time, and occasionally, he still rolls his eyes at me, but for the most part, my husband and I are finally on the same path. He's always been on board for debt reduction, but his method was to make more money, and I finally convinced him that while more money would be nice, it's learning to live below our means that will ultimately result in our financial security ;).

P.S. Of course, it took ME a lot longer to get to this place than him, as I'm the spend-thrift and he's Mr. Frugal :)

RuthieJ said...

Hi Barefoot,
I've been a lazy blogger and commenter too lately, so I understand.....

I'm glad you guys are getting a financial plan. We had a visit from the insurance guy the other day to find out whether our financial plan in on target for retirement next year (happy to say it is). And from what he told us, the younger you are and can get your financial plan in place, the better off you'll be. Good luck to you guys!

jenny said...

Yes, I know how it is to start trying to get your financial situation on track. We bought our first house at the right time, when the market was low and interest rates were even lower, so that when we sold it, we made a really nice profit: more than double what we paid for it. That's the only reason we have been able to get along this far without Hubby working. We took that money and paid off a large chunk of credit card debt, another large chunk on the new house and the rest into savings.

Good luck on implenting your financial plan and I hope it all works out for you in the long run.

Kati said...

Glad to hear you got your christmas decorations put away finally. And that you finally got your hubby on board about saving for a house of your own.

Hope you're having a great week!!!! (((((HUGS)))))