And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Friday, October 19, 2007

What?!

DH came home from work this afternoon, and Little Sprout jumped up and screamed: DAAAieeedeeee!!!!!!

Of course, as this was very close to "Daddy", he of course got very excited and was her slave for the next few minutes.

When he went into the other room to take care of something, I just HAD to try and get her to say Mommy (or at least mama).

Here is how that went.

ME: Say mama, can you say mama?

LS: DADA

ME: No, mama.

LS: dada, dada, dada, dada

ME: Mama

LS: DADA, DADA

ME: Come on, say mama, please?

LS: DADADADADAAAAAADDDDAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH



I think dada wins.

3 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Both of my kids said Dada first. My Johnny said several words before my name, including "more". When he eventually said my name, he said "more-da" I was "more-da" for a long time.

Mama Tango said...

Mine were the same way...dada dada dada. Take comfort in the fact that now, one of them is a complete mama's child!

Gina said...

Lol, DH and I were just talking about this the other day. According to him, the name "dad" was invented because it was the first easy word to say. Man had to have it first, in other words.