And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, October 21, 2007

Roseola

Well, it's not chicken pox (DH is off the hook on that one), it's roseola.

DH panicked when he realised that Little Sprout wasn't eating as much as he thought she should be, and insisted on taking her to the ER. Doc said not to worry, just push fluids so she doesn't get dehydrated.

I had to laugh, because here DH was so worried she wasn't drinking enough and the minute he left for band rehearsal she downed an entire bottle for me. I think maybe she has already learned to "play" him a bit.

I hate to admit it, but I kinda like her being all lethargic like this. No screaming, no getting into things, she is completely content to sit in her swing all day long. I could get used to this.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Well, I hate to say it, but chicken pox at that age would most likely have been a blessing; my oldest son somehow contracted it in first grade (among a pool of kids who were supposedly vaccinated) and spread it to Starflower and Mr. Attitude. All had very mild cases, and no need to get the (in my mind worthless) vaccine!

barefoot gardener said...

I know, I had the same thought. I kept thinking that she wasn't scratching, and that was so good. Big Sprout got the chicken pox vaccine, but I don't know if it will really do any good. So far nothing, but that doesn't mean much.

I have been having a hard time with this whole immunization thing, anyway. I just don't know if I like it. I suppose that is a whole other post to be made when my feelings are a little clearer....

RuthieJ said...

Hi BG,
I hope all goes well for you and Little Sprout.

Kati said...

Hope Little Sprout feels better quickly, though I do understand the enjoyment of the temporary relief from their constant movement at that age. *wry smile*