And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Really?

I gotta say, it almost works for me. Could exposure to dirt be a cure for depression? I don't approve of the little mouse experiment, but how else can you explain that I always feel better after playing in that giant sandbox I call a garden? Is it possible that there is a scientific basis for my addiction to digging in the dirt?

These are the things that make me say HMMMMM.

2 comments:

Kati said...

Interesting! Of course our grandparents would say that it's because we're outdoors, in nature, planting things with our own hands & watching them grow. *grin* Who cares what the precise reason is, if it makes you feel better?

barefoot gardener said...

*putting on my silly professor face*

Ahh, but if one knows WHAT causes one to feel better, cannot one then replicate the situation more consistently?

*grin*

Actually, I agree with you...Who cares why? It works!