And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, September 08, 2007

Renaissance Festival 2007







All I can say is this is the one thing I look forward to more than anything else all year long. I LOVE the Renaissance Festival! The comedy, the dancing, the music, the art. It is so much fun. Every year I come home sore and broke, but I would never consider missing it. DH is a fanatic for the jousts. He also absolutely loves the Puke and Snot show. I just enjoy the whole experience. The food is always good. Fair food, but tasty all the same. The artists have some gorgeous pieces. If ever you have the chance to go, I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Kati said...

Ooooh, that little window under the waterfall is awesome. Is that an actual building???? Talk about hobbit holes, huh??? Looks like a fun time was had!

barefoot gardener said...

Kati-
To get to that little window, you actually walk through a "hobbit hole" done up to look (a little) like Bilbo's Underhill. It's in an area called the Enchanted Garden (or maybe it's the Secret Garden, I can't remember). There are all these little Fairy Houses, about 3 feet tall, and at each one is a story about the fairy that lives there. It is precious! I might have more pics. I will check and post them for you, if you like.