And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, August 12, 2007

The North Shore

So that's where I have been this weekend. It was fabulous. We stayed in Two Harbors, home of Lou's smoked salmon, and visited Gooseberry Falls. Big Sprout fell into Lake Superior while wading in the absolutely frigid water. Little Sprout had her first experience in a big pool, and also dabbled her feet in the lake a little bit. There was mini golf and picnics at the marina in Silver Bay. I found a new favorite restaurant, Betty's Pies, just north of Two Harbors. I know it sounds awful, but I didn't have any pie. I did have a beef pasty, and it was SO GOOD!!! I will definitely be returning. On the way back through Duluth, we stopped at the Rose Garden. It was gorgeous.

I have pics, but blogger is being a pill, so they will have to wait. I had such a good time. I really loved spending time with my family.

However, I think next time I want to go without the kids. I love them, but they are so noisy. It is frustrating to be somewhere so beautiful and peaceful only to hear "hey, mom, guess what?" every 5 seconds.

I was not meant to be a mother.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I know exactly what you mean about the "hey Mom" thing! I thought it was just my kids that had such a high need for my attention, and just me that had such a low tolerance for it. Really, it just sets me on edge sometimes. Maybe it's a INFP/INFJ thing!

barefoot gardener said...

I feel guilty about my lack of patience with the sprouts. I keep thinking I have to be June Cleaver or something. I am glad I am not the only one who gets a little testy with all the attention-seeking.