And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Early morning

Well, I was up at 5 and in the garden by 10 after. I wasn't up as early as I would have liked (it was already light outside when I woke, and I wanted to beat the pre-dawn light), but I was treated to some spectacularly colored clouds in the dawn sky. I got quite a bit of weeding done before DH brought the kids over so he could go to work. Then work slowed to a crawl, but I still managed to accomplish most of what I had planned. I laid down a very thick layer of year old grass clippings in all the paths in my garden (the ones not covered by carpet) in hopes of cutting back on my weeding. As I am taking back the awake shifts at work, I am finding that my energy level is dropping fast. I wish I could switch to a day job, but the almighty $$ still reigns supreme in this house. I am hoping that by cutting down on the weed problem, I can focus my attention more on the health of the plants and harvesting. I pulled several radishes today, planning to try the cooking thing, and then forgot to bring them home with me. Doh!

I was allowed into our new apt today to take measurements. It is smaller than I had thought, and now I am trying to figure out how I will fit everything in there. The old renters (dear friends of mine) have offered us their dining table and chairs, which are much smaller than ours. DH is very attatched to our dining set, as it was a gift, but I just don't know how it will fit. I like our dining set, too, don't get me wrong. I just hate having my home so stuffed with furniture that you can't hardly move. I would want to refinish their dining set if we take it. It is very dark wood, and all our wood is much lighter. That's okay, though. I like refinishing furniture. I would only worry about the humidity. Things that make me say Hmmmmm....

No comments: