And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, May 03, 2007

It has begun

Planting, that is!

Yay! Today I went over just to look around (dad had tilled yesterday) and see how the veggie patch was doing. We gave up on the expansion project after going 2/3 of the way around, so I was hoping to get some compost in and get things ready to plant.

What did I find but that dad (bless his heart) had already added and mixed in the compost. On a whim I decided to whip up a few raised beds in the garden, and planted some lettuce, bunching onions, carrots, and kohlrabi. I am hoping to do the peas and beans this weekend. My mouth is watering already!

I will continue to dig sod through the summer in hopes of expanding the garden more by next spring. I just couldn't wait to get some goodies in.

No comments: