And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Broken

In a freak accident my glasses were broken yesterday while I was walking up to get the kids from school. Being blind as a bat without them, I have been wearing my contacts all day. Now I remember why I don't like my contacts! It seems that the minute I step outside, every speck of dirt looks at me and jumps for joy because it knows it can ruin my day by somehow managing to get under my contacts. So I am blind anyway.

I tried to do some weeding in the flower beds today, but it is hard with both kids and my dad hovering. The baby was great, she slept. 8 yr old wanted to watch her skateboard and dad wanted me to go out to eat, look at that, and give my opinion on every other thing. I normally wouldn't mind, but none of these things could be done with my head down and hands in the dirt. I wonder if gardening can become an addiction....can you see a meeting of G.A.? That is Gardeners Anonymous. You would always know when someone had fallen off the wagon by the dirt under their fingernails. People getting up to share stories of how their spouses left them because of their compulsive need to grow a blue ribbon pumpkin. Actually, now that I think about it, it doesn't seem that unrealistic.....

No comments: