And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, July 01, 2006

Perfect

That's what some days are. Just perfect. I have been feeling marginally better, and today we had a "family day" at my parent's house. My grandmother and brother both came over for a cookout and we just hung out in the yard all day. At dusk we lit a fire in the new firepit and relaxed, toasting some marshmallows. I got to eat the first snap peas out of the garden, and picked a yellow summer squash to eat tomorrow. Good food, family, beautiful day. It all added up to total perfection. We have been trying to do this every saturday I have off, but it has been a while since we had to re-do the firepit and then a series of unforseen incidents kept us from following through. I am totally recommitted to this after how great today was. I feel refreshed and relaxed. I know my parents really enjoyed it as well. I am so lucky to be able to do this with my family!

No comments: