And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, October 08, 2012

So Thankful

2-3 days a week, my Sprouts are at school. That means I have most of a day all to myself. Me time, what a blessing!

I have a project in the works. Yesterday, Mr. Barefoot and I bought a china cabinet off Craigslist for $50. I know! That's a steal, right? It looks a bit dated, but the thing is sturdy as could be and will provide much needed storage in our tiny closet-less house.

After doing a whole bunch of dreaming on Pinterest, I decided I was going to paint it. Maybe I will add an antique finish, I'm not quite decided on that. And I'm going to frost two of the four glass door fronts to better hide some of the uglies that will be stored in it.

Today I began work on it, sanding and sanding and sanding. Then I started painting. Grrr. I love painting, but this particular piece has a some curvy bits and carving that is giving me fits! Tomorrow I will be sanding down my drips, and trying another coat.

Anyway. What does all this have to do with the Sprouts being in school, you ask? Simple. I tried to be out there working all day with Little Sprout hanging on me the entire time. She wanted to know what I was doing. She wanted me to stop what I was doing to watch her fly with her umbrella just like Mary Poppins. She kicked at my can of paint. She begged for goodies. She banged her finger and cried for a band aid.

The child would not stop.

But tomorrow....... tomorrow she goes to school all day. Hehe. All day. Now, I'm working tonight and tomorrow night, so I probably should sleep a bit. But I know I will be out in the garage with my project, blissing out at the idea that I can work uninterrupted for a length of time.

Woo-Hoo!

No comments: