And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, March 21, 2011

Full Moon At The Beginning of Spring

Have you ever felt the weight of a passionate need so great that it seems it will crush you? Have you ever abandoned yourself to the wild desperation, and feared that your human body is not strong enough to withstand the strength of what you feel? Have you ever had your heart break over a perfect sunset, or wanted to feel the weight of a golden sunbeam falling through emerald leaves in the morning? Have you ever had music pulse through your body with its velvet touch, making you somehow feel it on the inside of your skin?


Have you ever made yourself so vulnerable that you trembled with every breath? Have you ever thrown yourself into your art with reckless abandon, and flown on the wings of creativity and passion? Have you ever reached out to grasp life, and held on with all your might? Have you ever touched someone and known, beyond doubt, that you are touching their heart and soul as well as their body? Have you ever laid yourself bare to feel the same touch?

Have you really, truly, ever believed in magic? Seen it around you? Been breathless with the awesome wonder of the world? Have you ever, with childlike trust, placed the deepest parts of yourself in the hands of another, and let go of fear? Have you ever been so desperately lonely that you felt you were choking in the darkness?

Folks say that all that stuff about the full moon affecting folks... making them crazy... is rubbish. I don't know if I believe that. How else would I explain a weekend from hell at work (my clients were REALLY on a roll!) combined with the feeling that I was so full of the above thoughts (and more, not appropriate for a G rated blog) that I felt like my skin was going to split and spill everything I am all over the freshly mopped linoleum? I am gonna blame the moon, and stick to that story till the end.

2 comments:

Heather Jefferies said...

yep, that's my story too and I'm sticking to it.

CG said...

me too.