And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Big Sprout!!!

(Insert picture of my lovely daughter, who is terribly camera shy, here)

12 years ago, after hours of my whining and moaning, you came into this world with a cry of rage. I suppose it was a bit uncomfortable - heck, even embarassing - to come into this world nekkid with half a dozen people looking at you. But that's your fault. If you didn't wanna be nekkid and cold, you shoulda put a sweater on before making your first appearance.

Just kidding.

I can't figure out what happened to TWELVE WHOLE YEARS! It seems like just yesterday I was bringing you home from the hospital, ridiculously overconfident in my ability to handle single-motherhood. Now I look at you and see a gal who is independent and strong. I won't call you a young woman yet, if you don't mind. Give me a couple years to get used to that idea.

Anyway. Happy Birthday, my beautiful girl. You make me smile. You make me proud. I love you!

3 comments:

Finding Pam said...

I hope Big Sprout had a wonderful day. Happy birthday to her. They really do grow up so fast.

webb said...

And, happy birthday to YOU, too! A big day for a mother.

Hopeful said...

hope it was a great day for both of you!