And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just Breathe, Mommy!

Sometimes, Little Sprout has it right. When I am fretting, and getting upset over things, she will come up to me so carefully and lay her hands on my cheeks with very uncharacteristic gentleness. She will look me directly in the eyes and say “Just breathe, Mom. I want you to be brave!”

Yeah, it’s kinda sad to have to take advice from a 4 year old.

She has a point, though. Breathing is pretty important. When I can follow her advice and slow down a little, I always feel better.

But don’t tell her that, k? She is too sure of her own perfection as it is….

3 comments:

Finding Pam said...

Our children are so in tune with our feelings? My kids could always tell when I was upset or sad.

I hope you took her advice and just breathe.

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

The wisdom of babes and innocents perhaps Barefoot?

Heather Jefferies said...

yup, yup, breathing is good. but you don't need me to tell you that. :-)

(just keep doing it)