And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's Raining, So The Plans Have To Change

I am so glad it is raining! I was having terrible nightmares about the Land of 10,000 Lakes turning into a Sahara-like desert scape, of the river just down the street from my house drying up to nothing more than a sluggish trickle.... yeah, my imagination is a little strong sometimes. So sue me.

I am so mad that it is raining, though. I have a rare day off, and I am spending it inside messing around rather than out in my garden where I want to be. Grrrr...

I am getting some de-cluttering done. Barefoot Manor is a small place, and we are card-carrying pack rats around here. That means that I have to occasionally go through our stuff and toss/donate bags and bags and BAGS of stuff. I don't mind, I just wish that I could get the rest of the family in on it, too. We just lost several pairs of earrings purchased for Big Sprout's birthday this past winter. I knew right where they were until last week, when stuff got moved and poof! they were gone. It makes me so stinking mad! My beloved Big Sprout, who was so excited to get her ears pierced, and even more excited to be able to finally change her earrings, was disappointed because we have too much stuff lying around. I am not handling it well at all.

So I am on a rampage. My Dad would be proud, as I have many fond memories of him in my childhood bedroom with a scoop shovel and garbage bags. I am meaner than my Dad, though.... I actually toss the stuff! My poor Dad just put the bags in the garage or basement and let us think they were gone. It never took us long to forget all the stuff he had hidden away, and now he is stuck with the oh-so-fun task of getting rid of it all after years of gathering dust. I, on the other hand, run around the house with a garbage bag attached to my belt loops, stuffing things in there as fast as I can. Hehe.

The Sprouts don't even seem to mind. They are so excited to find toys that they had forgotten they even had that I think they even kind of like it when I am tossing things out the door. Little pains! They could at least help, doncha think?

Anyway.... off to get rid of more junk!

No comments: