And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, November 02, 2009

Oh, Gosh....Laugh At Us

Big Sprout is reading Where the Red Fern Grows for school. She is just coming to the last chapter or so now, where both Old Dan and Little Ann die.
She is sitting here at the dining room table with me, tears streaming from her eyes. At one point, she put the book down to wipe her eyes. I looked over at her, and the combination of seeing my baby cry and my memories of how sad the end of the book is set me to tearing up right along side of her.
We are a couple of freaks, if you ask me. The worst part is, I am not even reading the book with her.... I am just crying sympathetically.
Sometimes being female stinks.

No comments: