And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, October 10, 2009

The First Snow

I woke this morning to snow covering the entire yard. It was a jarring sight, since the color has just peaked in the trees, and so few leaves have fallen. It just doesn't seem right to be having snow on the ground already.

Little Sprout loves it, though. And I do have to admit that it is pretty ~ not a thick snow, but just enough to dust everything out there and make it look pretty and clean.

There is more snow in the forecast, and I am trying to decide how I feel about it. On the one hand, I like snow. I like how pretty it is, and I like to play in it. Mostly I like being in a warm house while there is snow falling outside. I like being all snuggled up and warm when the world is sleeping under a blanket of snow.

Anyway, just thought you would all like to know that we got some snow. Those of you down south a bit more can be grateful, I guess, that you don't have to deal with it.... ;)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow! Snow! We haven't even had our first frost ... but I'm pretty close to the ocean, which is probably why. Still ....

Enjoy it :).