And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, August 05, 2009

They're Heeeerre!

The Sprouts are home. They came running into the house while I was cleaning up from some hard-core weeding, screaming for me and giggling wildly. From what I can gather, they had a great time!




Mom and Dad were even able to get Little Sprout in the water, which is not easy. She doesn't like to be cold, and doesn't really like to be wet. I guess seeing all the other folks having fun was enough to tempt her into it....



Big Sprout, of course, took to the water like a little otter....she has always loved swimming and everything that goes with it.


Little Sprout's favorite part about water is the cool accessories that go with it. She would wear her life jacket every day if we let her....

To make the trip educational, they went to the source of the Mississippi River. My guess is that neither of the Sprouts can understand how BIG the river is, or how amazing it is that such a large waterway starts so small, but they will have good memories from the trip.

I was very happy to have them home, but am already missing the quiet....

Ahhh, the joys of motherhood.

8 comments:

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

What a super set of photo's Barefoot, and I bet your parents had as much fun as the sprouts!

barefoot gardener said...

Thanks, Peter...I think my folks had a good time, but they were definitely looking forward to some peace and quiet after dropping the Sprouts off at home! ;)

The Rambling Taoist said...

After hearing all about the sprouts for some time, it's nice that you allowed me the opportunity to see their cute little mugs! I genuinely appreciate it.

barefoot gardener said...

Thanks, RT. I guess I should post more pics here....

The Rambling Taoist said...

Ya should! I could understand a certain reticence if your sprouts looked like miniature trolls, but they're both so darn cute!!

That said -- I thought about this a bit later today -- the only worry I have is that there are a lot of pedophiles roaming the internet and so, if I was a parent, that might give me a reason NOT to post any more pix. I'd rather your sprouts stay safe than to satisfy my curiosity as to what these two children (who I've read so much about here) look like.

RuthieJ said...

Brings back some fond memories of a trip years ago to Itasca State Park and dipping my toes in the headwaters of the Mighty Mississippi too. This should be a required assignment for every Minnesota resident!

Finding Pam said...

Looks like they all had a great time. Your kids are too cute.

barefoot gardener said...

TR-
That is a concern I have had for a while. There are just too many freaky folks in the world. I try to balance showing off my kids with keeping their personal info (name, where we live, etc) private.

Ruthie-
I am so jealous of the kids that they got to go!

Pam-
I love your new profile pic!