And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Glorious Dirt

Today was the day that I finally got the flower pots on my deck planted. Oh, it was gloriously wonderful to have my hands wrist deep in the dirt! I planted some begonias, some impatiens, a few coleus, and threw a few ferns (stolen from elsewhere in the yard) into the mix for a little fun. Then I whipped up a batch of fertilizer and fed them all really well, and sat back to enjoy the new look.

I have the next week and a half off of work, so I have planned out all the yard projects I am going to accomplish during this time. I am determined to not fall into the trap of thinking 'well, I have time off work, I will get to it tomorrow'. We all know that once you start thinking like that you basically doom all your projects to non-completion.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a nice weekend, and will chat at y'all soon!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Can't wait to hear how your "garden therapy" goes!