I had this post all prepared in my mind about how we are all such terrible liars. I thought about it all night at work. My point was about how we all say 'I want to lose weight' or 'I want to quit smoking' or 'I want to take a vacation to the Bahamas someday', but we obviously don't. Really. Cuz if we did really want those things as badly as we say we did, then it would be no hardship to make the daily sacrifices needed to actually DO it.
I am probably the worst offender I know. I say I wanna lose weight, but don't seem to want it badly enough to turn away from a bowl of steaming pasta or put down the bag of potato chips. I say I wanna quit smoking, but I light up with just the slightest provocation promising that I will quit 'tomorrow'. I talk about how I want a clean house, and a beautiful garden, and to be more self-sufficient, and that there are 24 usable hours in every day; yet I can't seem to get up off my duff and actually USE those hours to the best of my ability in order to accomplish those things.
Then Wendy tripped me up by acknowledging me as an 'honest blogger'.
So what do I say? I know I try to be honest. I have seen folks lose a lot of respect and credibility by telling too many 'fish stories'. I don't wanna be that person. While I really think a little 'embellishment' sometimes spices up a story (kinda like a really good mustard on a bratwurst), I firmly believe that it should remain a condiment and not the full meal.
Can you tell I am on a diet? My brain is completely stuck in food metaphor.
So the deal is that I am supposed to share some honest things about myself, and then nominate other folks that I would like to share in the fun.
1. I don't send holiday cards anymore. Ever. To Anyone. Too many times I would take the time to write them all out, address the envelopes, and put stamps on them only to stick them up on a shelf to be found covered in dust some time around the 4th of July. I give up, folks. Just take my word for it that I think of you during the holidays.
2. I have a not-so-secret fear that life is just some cosmic test....and I am failing.
3. I have a passionate obsession with lists. I make lists of EVERYTHING.
4. I am ashamed to admit that, though I know theoretically how to do lots of things, I am too insecure in my own abilities to just DO them.
5. I have always liked the directions of North and West better than South and East. I don't know why, but when the wanderlust strikes in the fall those are the directions I always look towards.
6. I think that the person who invented peanut butter and jelly sandwiches should be sainted. And knighted. And given their own national holiday. Nothing beats a good PB&J.
7. I still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up.
Well, that's all the honesty I can take for today....
I know I am supposed to pass this on, but I am really interested to see what EVERYONE has to reveal about themselves. So, if you have read this consider yourself tagged. Just leave a little note in the comments section so that we can all come and read 'the baring of your soul' and use the info for our own evil purposes....