And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, April 06, 2009

Making Changes

We are trying to change a lot of things here at the Barefoot Manor. I am working out every day in an attempt to shed some unwanted pounds (thanks, cheesecake), and really watching what I eat.

I have been trying to give up the Dew (I bet Mr. Barefoot hasn't noticed how little I have been drinking)

Giving up smoking is on the agenda for next week

I am still making an effort to get Barefoot Manor de-cluttered and clean at all times.

Really, it isn't much to talk about. The Sprouts are being Sprouts, and Spring is teasing us with warm days followed by snow.

Hopefully soon I will be able to start talking about all the wonderfull things I am planning to do in the yard....

It's just too depressing to think about it when we KEEP. GETTING. SNOW.

Peace

3 comments:

Lisa said...

To aid you in your goals, I will no longer (if I remember!) prescribe cheesecake to cure your ills. We will switch over to the low-cal meds like having the Mr. give you a foot rub or make dinner for you!

okay?

Finding Pam said...

Good luck with the plan. I start and stop my diet and exercise over and over again! Hang in there. Spring will come soon.

Wendy said...

Baby steps, you know?

Over the past thirteen years, I have given up smoking, soda, coffee, and processed food. Mostly it was easy, once I decided to do it. The hard part was deciding that I was really going to do it ;).

Hang in there. Spring is just right there, and I'll bet your garden will be just as awesome as the plans you're making ;).