And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Addicted to Blogging

The other night at work I was talking to a coworker and nearly called the Sprouts by their bloggy "code-names" several times during the conversation. That got me thinking that I might be addicted to blogging. After all, they say that the first step is admitting your addiction, right?

Since that moment, I have been thinking of all the things that truly prove I am a blogging addict. That got me thinking of all the things that my bloggy buddies have admitted to me that THEY do and then shake their heads over. So I am compiling a list of blog addiction symptoms:

You know you are addicted to Blogging when....

1. You accidentally use their bloggy "codenames" when talking to or about your kids.

2. You start speaking in initials: OMG, BRB, IMHO, IRL, DH,

3. You attempt to sign your checks with your blogger alias

4. Your first thought when something interesting or funny happens in your life is "my bloggy buddies are gonna love this one!"

5. You talk to and about your bloggy buddies more than your real life friends, though you don't know their real names or where they live, exactly.

6. You find yourself stumbling when someone asks your name, since your first reaction is to give them your bloggy name.

7. You start considering having your name legally changed to your bloggy name

8. Your need for food, air, booze and chocolate is nothing compared to your desperate need to get home and read blogs.

9. You refer to the anniversary of your very first blog post as your "bloggy birthday" and celebrate it just like a birthday. Extra points if you were smart enough to plan the start of your blog to NOT coincide with any other major gift giving holidays.

10.There are cobwebs and dust inches thick all around the house, but you "re-decorate" your blog monthly.

11. When stopping at the bookstore for some recreational reading material, you pass up juicy romances and spine-tingling thrillers for HTML instruction manuals.

12. You feel justified in posting about how nice the weather is because you opened the window in whatever room your 'puter is in and you can SEE how nice it is, even if you haven't actually been outside yet.

13. Your diet is restricted to foods that can be eaten safely with one hand while typing with the other.



So whaddaya think, folks? Did I miss anything?

5 comments:

Finding Pam said...

That is so freakin funny that I am still laughing! Since I use my real name, I do not have to worry about signing my checks with the wrong name. Ha Ha...

I can especially relate to #5,8 and 10...

I spend way too much time on my blog. I am trying to do my chores first before I blog. You can guess how that's working? LOL

RuthieJ said...

Uh-oh, I think I'm an addict too!

Lisa said...

How about when you receive mail addressed to your blogging name?!?

Lisa said...

And the postman knows who it's for!!

barefoot gardener said...

Pam-
So glad you liked it!

Ruthie-
welcome to the club!

Lisa-
Oh, shoot! I forgot that one...That should be the number 1 way you can tell if you are an addict.

*giggle*