And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, January 05, 2009

Holiday Hangover

Can I call it that? The sensation you get after the holidays when you are just SO GLAD they are over, and yet somehow feel a little let down? The horror when you discover just how many of your Sprouts' toys make noise/ require batteries/ are just enough advanced for their age that they need parental assistance.

Blech.

Even my gift from the Sprouts is a noise maker. They got me one of those nifty neat "whistler" doohickeys that you attach to your keys so that when they are lost (a daily occurrence here at Barefoot Manor) you can whistle and it makes noise. Well, it also makes noise when you have the TV on, when you talk, when you laugh, when you walk loudly, when you put on the radio, and when you are walking with your keys in your hand.

I have been hearing beep-beep-beeeeeeep-beeeeeep non-stop for days now. Yet I am afraid to take the stupid thing off, because I haven't lost my keys for the last few days, either.

Well, there was that time when Mr. Barefoot decided to be nice and warm up the van for me before sending me off to work, but that doesn't count. They weren't lost, they were stolen. Or at least borrowed. But it definitely wasn't my fault.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Little Sprout found a highlighter marker and marked up the WHOLE WALL along the basement stairs. I am hoping the "magic eraser" thingy is really magic.

Well, I didn't really like that paint color anyway, right?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The house is a pit, and I really couldn't care less. I know it will bother me lately some time later this week, but just now I can't work up the energy to fix it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Big Sprout and I made "monkey bread" the other night. It was yummy. Just sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, refrigerator biscuits and some butter. Cut, roll, sprinkle, bake, DEVOUR. Yummy.

That is about it for today....tired again.....

2 comments:

Deb said...

Funny thing totally unrelated to this post; your music player came on and the song is Debussy's "Syrinx" for flute. I wrestled with that one and occasionally made it sing when I was in college, taking flute lessons.

I understand the holiday feeling. Take care!

barefoot gardener said...

Wow, Deb. I bow to your talent...I never tried anything as complex as that...of course, they don't usually hand out Debussy to high school students, and I had set my flute aside before...oh, wait, I never did go to college.

Anyway, Be proud that you finally mastered the piece. It is a beautiful one.