And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, December 10, 2008

'Tis a Puzzlement

Little Sprout, during her bath yesterday, pointed at her belly button and said "Uh-oh! My butt!". Did she really think her butt had migrated up to the middle of her tummy? I laughed.

Big Sprout was given chores last night. Lots of them. I figured out how many hours I had to work to bring home the $$ that she lost, and told her that she had to "work" around the house that many hours. I figured it just might help her understand the importance of money a little bit. The funny thing is that she seemed happier for having a whole pile of chores to do. Heck, if she is going to be that pleasant when I make her work around the house she can take over with ALL the housekeeping as far as I am concerned.

That Damn Cat has decided that my bed is the best place to hang out, especially if I am in bed. It is really nice, actually. When I was younger, I always slept with a kitty in bed with me. There is something so calming and sweet about having that lovely warm ball of kitty fur to cuddle with. That Damn Cat is a good snuggler, too. She knows how to position herself so that she isn't laying on any part of me that will get stiff from the weight of a (really fat) cat, and she stays out of the way when I am sitting in bed and crocheting or reading. She just kind of curls up at my side.

Anyway, that is about all I have....there is cleaning to do, and I am already behind schedule!

1 comment:

Deb said...

My cat likes to snuggle in bed with me too. It's nice except he ALWAYS sneezes in my face!