And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, November 24, 2008

The Great Cookie Fiasco

Mr. Barefoot decided that, since we have this house with a lovely and large kitchen, he would like to resurrect his family's tradition of getting together and baking cookies every year for Christmas.

I thought it was a grand idea, and though I was working at Job #2 I wished him all the best fun spending time with his Mom and Sister.

I came home that evening to absolute Chaos. Oh, they all had a great time, don't get me wrong. But they baked cookies from 12 noon until after 10pm. I think Mr. Barefoot told me they baked some insane number of cookies....like 30 dozen or so.

Yikes!

Mr. Barefoot made 12 dozen of these banana nut cookies alone. He got a lot of ribbing about that.





Big Sprout got in on the action after Little Sprout went to bed, cutting out the cookies. I know hearts are not a traditional Christmas shape, but these cookies were going to be sandwiched together with raspberry jelly and then drizzled with red icing, so we decided to throw tradition out the window.

It was a lot of fun to have the family over and get to spend some time with folks. The kids were all hopped up on sugar, but went to bed just fine. They must have been exhausted by all the excitement.....

Now what am I gonna do with all these freakin' cookies?!

1 comment:

RuthieJ said...

Looks like fun and cookies make great gifts for your neighbors and friends (of course I usually end up eating most of them myself....)