And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, September 06, 2008

I LOVE This Town!!!!!!!!!

K, so I will admit that since moving I have had some slightly negative thoughts about the location of our home. Not that I have ever once regretted choosing the house, because I love the house, but the fact that it is a little further from Mr. Barefoot's and my parents has been a bit of an issue for me. The gas alone is a killer, and Little Sprout has not been adjusting well to the change from seeing her Grandma and Grandpa almost every day to 2-3 days a week. I just seemed hard.

Today, all that went buh-bye. On the way home from work this morning I made a point of stopping at the Farmer's Market here in my new town. O-M-GOSH!!!!!!!!

I am so impressed. Seriously. I had gone to the Farmer's Market in my old town (well the next town over) a few times, and was so depressed to find that it was only about 6 vendors that had basically the same stuff and none of it looking really great. My new town's Farmer's Market has at least double that number! There is even one guy who sells meat, though I don't know if I will be able to afford his prices. There were vendors from all over my area here, and the selection was WONDERFUL! I wanted to buy something from everyone. The prices were very reasonable, too. A little higher than the grocery store on some things, but on others definitely cheaper....I figure it will all work out in the end.

I am not ashamed to say that the experience brought tears to my eyes.

There were Brussels Sprouts, Tomatoes (so many varieties!), Patty Pan Squash, Zukes, Cukes, Breads, Pickles, Garlic, Watermelons, Berries (oh, the berries), Jellies, Jams, Syrup, Honey...Oh, I could go on and on...

The Farmer's Market season is just about over here....it ends the first weekend of October. I am sad for that, BUT I am so glad that I will have this fabulous Market to look forward to come May.

Anyway, I just thought I would share with you all my fabulous discovery....

1 comment:

Kati said...

Oh, THAT'S fabulous news about the Farmer's Market. Have fun with the ability to buy VERY local. *grin*