And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, July 05, 2008

A Few Things

First off, I am proud to announce that Little Sprout loves, Loves, LOVES cauliflower fresh out of the garden. I went over to the folks' place for a visit today, and after picking more Sugar Anns I walked around the garden and noticed that the cauliflower had some really nice sized heads on it. I never blanch them (tie the leaves up around the heads) 'cause I am just too lazy. Still, they looked really good so I cut a couple and grabbed a few kohlrabi that were big enough too.

Little Sprout really liked it! She tried a bit of everything.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I have begun packing, which is a miserable job. Mostly I just want to get rid of everything we have and start over. It would save me so much effort!

My main problem is that I am unsure where everything will fit in the new house. Not that there isn't room, just that things will be laid out differently, and I am not quite sure how things will go. Added to the fact that I am not really going to be able to take time off of work to move, and I am pretty stressed. I am having a hard time figuring out what we WON'T need between now and the time when we are moved into the new place. Since I don't really know how long that will be (hopefully only another week or two), it is hard to imagine what I can safely put away without cursing myself later.

Other than that, my life is pretty boring. I am working through some deep thoughts about lifestyle, but nothing is working out to be clear enough for a post so you will all just have to bear boring posts till I get some stuff thought out better.

No comments: