And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, April 07, 2008

A Little Possessive, Aren't We?

Saturday, I was over at my folks' place playing with the Sprouts out in the backyard. Little Sprout has finally discovered the sandbox and was making wimpy little efforts to "shovel". I made mention that she was going to be a gardener just like me, and Big Sprout just about flipped her lid.

"No Way!" she told me "That is only for me and you and Grandpa!"

I did finally manage to convince her that Little Sprout becoming a gardener wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. We made a deal, her and I. When we get a house, Big Sprout, Little Sprout, and I will all have our own gardens.

I hope our future yard is big enough for all this!

1 comment:

Kati said...

*grin* Assure Big Sprout that for probably quite a while, Little Sprout will probably be content with a 3 foot by 3 foot sandbox. *wink* Seriously, though, y'all having your own gardens to plant whatever you wish inside, sounds like a good plan!!! And a definite way to encourage a love of growing things.

As for the next post about waking up to snow..... Um. Yeah. Me too!!! We got about a 1/2 inch last night, and it's still coming down. It's alternately fine (as is currently falling) & thick or fluffy (as was falling 15 minutes ago) and thick. *sigh* So much for springtime! I hope your snow melts quickly!!!