And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Saturday, March 29, 2008

Yesterday Was a Good Day

I got home from work and found beautiful spring-blue skies, sunshine, and thousands of insanely joyful birds singing in my folks' back yard. I just picked my way through the lingering snow drifts and found myself a seat at the picnic table so I could fully absorb the fabulousness of the day.

Looking at my garden (I never did get that plastic up, dang it), I am changing my garden plan for the year. What looked good on paper just didn't translate well to my real life garden. I started thinking that I just needed more beans, and that the tomatoes would be better over here.

I felt wonderful.

Then we went out to look at two more houses, neither of which really got me excited. So we took my "Uncle" (really one of my Dad's best friends) who just happens to be a certified inspector (ain't I a lucky duck!) out to the one house that we really like to check it out.

He gave it a glowing thumbs up!

After that, we went out for lunch. I started to feel kind of cruddy, so when we got home I crawled into bed. I had been up for 3 days at this point with only short little (1 1/2 hour) naps to get me through, so I figured I was just tired. I must have been right, since I slept for over 12 hours! Holy cow!

Anyway, I feel great again today, and am looking forward to going to my weekend job. It will be so nice to go to a job where my bosses actually like me and my client doesn't try to lick my face or anything weird like that.....

Ta-ta!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay! for sleep ... and sunny days ;).

Kati said...

Glad you had such a beautiful day. And glad your "uncle" gave the house such a glowing thumbs up!!!! I hope all goes very well for y'all!!!! And I hope you're having a fantastic weekend as well!!!