And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, March 24, 2008

Sorry About That...

Thanks, Lisa, for reminding me that I haven't posted for a few days!

I am alive, and have been checking in with you all. I even wrote several posts, but none of them seemed to come out right. I have been very distracted with The Great House Hunt and other things that have just been happening in my life.

It was my Grandmother's AND my oldest step-teen's birthday this past weekend, so that required some celebrations.

Both Sprouts have been demanding more attention than usual, most likely due to Cabin Fever.

But mostly I have been distracted by the house thing....

See, we think we may have found the one we want. It needs some work (almost all cosmetic stuff), has a nice sized yard (.3 acre), is in the school district and less than a mile from my folks' place. It is also near the river, parks, and the school.

It is not perfect, and neither is the timing. Our lease isn't up at this apt until June or July (I forget which), and if we move out and the apt doesn't rent right away we will still be responsible to pay rent until the lease is up.

We just weren't expecting to find a house that met all our requirements AND felt right so quickly.

I am excited and terrified all at once. This is a big thing, as I have never owned a home before. I have dreamed about it since I was little, but have never taken the leap. There is so much to think about!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In other news, I have been applying the steps and theories found in the book "Your Money or Your Life", and I am seeing lots of changes in my finances.

I had always thought of myself as frugal. I thought I knew how to stretch a dollar like a pro.

I guess I was wrong. In the past 10 days of applying the principles explained in the book, I have lived on about 50% of what I did the pay period before that. I keep expecting to find that there is something I have forgotten to pay, but I think it just may be all the little things I would pick up because they were cheap and available that I really didn't need. I keep looking for the catch...has Mr. Barefoot been giving me more $$ for bills? have I forgotten to pay a bill? did my paycheck grow when I wasn't looking? Yet everything seems normal. The numbers don't lie, and I can't even figure out what I had been spending my $$ on before. I don't feel deprived of things at all, and can't think of anything I have wanted to get that I have talked myself out of.

Is it possible that $$, left to it's own devices, can multiply like rabbits do?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Woohoo on the house finding!! How exciting for you!!

And... a double woohoo on the finances!!

Glad you're back!