And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, December 03, 2007

When Barefoot Gets Bored....

I had a hot date with an old friend today. Actually, the gal who used to live in the apt that I now live in brought her kids over so that they could torture Little Sprout and Little Sprout could torture them. We all got to eat pizza and make lots of noise (sorry, neighbors) and generally have a good time.

In preparation for the hot date, I did this to my hair.


My friend didn't believe I did it myself! I am so hurt.

All it is is 2 ponytails, 4 braids, and about 7,000,000 bobby pins.

Like it?

4 comments:

RuthieJ said...

Wow, BG, it's beautiful! The braids look like you put them in a sideways figure 8 around the ponytails?
Just how long is your hair anyway?

barefoot gardener said...

Ruthie,
Yup, I think I saw it called the "Infinity Braid" somewhere.

My hair isn't really all that long. When worn loose (like, never), it only comes down to the bottom of my ribs in back. The trick with this 'do is the braids. You use two to make the buns and two to make the figure 8. This way the hair doesn't have to go very far, but it looks like there is tons of it.

Kati said...

Ok. That's about awesome!!!! I can french-braid my own hair, and kinda do the dutch braid (I just need practice, though I could do a bang-up job of it in HS). But, I'm wondering if you could post more details about how you do this???? Or... A tutorial??? *grin*

I wish I had somebody to help me learn how to do the crown braids. With really long hair (not quite rapunzel or Godiva long, but to my waist), I love braids and some of them would really be helpful for keeping my hair out of my face at work.

Anyway, would LOVE more details on how you did your hair.... PLEASE!!!! *grin*

barefoot gardener said...

Kati-
Coming right up!