And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I've been tagged!

Kati at Dragonfly's Musings has tagged me for a meme where I tell you 7 weird things about myself.

Like that will be hard. I've got enough strangeness going on here that I could probably do 70, but that might be...you guessed it....weird.

Here goes!



1. I have a deep and abiding fear of intestinal parasites. You know, tapeworms and stuff. I once heard some stupid thing about how x many Americans are infected with intestinal parasites and don't know it. It has haunted me ever since. Just the very thought gives me the shivers.

2. I can't use a library. It is too hard to give back the books. Even if I don't like the book, giving it up is almost physically painful. So I just don't do it. I buy most my books second-hand, and have so many that I will soon need a bigger home just to house them.

3. Every fall I get wander-lust. I just can't seem to stay at home. I get this urge to just keep going, to see what is over the next hill or around the next bend in the road. Sometimes it is very difficult to restrain myself.

4. I have incredibly vivid and strange dreams. Remind me to tell you about the one about the underground trailer park and crocodiles, or maybe the one about the magic pool owned by dwarves that turned people (temporarily) into mer-folk.

5. Every winter my feet get so dry that they stick to my socks like Velcro. No amount of lotion or scrubbing with pumice stones has really ever helped. I guess my feet are just too far away from the rest of my body.

6. I can't ever look at a piece of junk without thinking "I could fix that up into a great _________. My DH hates this about me, because before we got together I would keep everything because I had "plans" for it. All he could see was garbage, and all I saw was potential. I have gotten better, though. If I don't think I can finish the project in the next 60 days, I don't keep the item. But sometimes it's hard.

7. I love shoes, but I hate to wear them. I love ALL shoes. Sandals, heels, boots, loafers, tenny-runners.....ugly, clunky, delicate, funky, elegant....all of them. But I never wear them (except for my work sneaks).

Now, I am supposed to tag some folks....but I always feel a little stupid doing that. What if you don't want to do it and feel pressured? Or what if I offend someone by not tagging them? So I will do this:

If you want to do this at your own blog, just pretend I tagged you. Then leave a comment here, so that we can all find you and read about your weirdness!

No comments: