And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Friday, November 02, 2007

New Neighbors

So some new folks moved in upstairs (I live in an apt, remember?), and I am sure they have a large herd of very heavy, very short-legged animals up there. All I have been hearing for the last week is ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-BUMP-rumble-CRASH-BANG-ba-ba-ba-BUMP, and the sound of my chandelier shaking.

At first I thought it was just an amorous couple "breaking in" every room of the apt, since it seemed to be more in the evenings and much more rhythmic. Not fun to think about, but you can kind of laugh at it.

Now it has become constant, and unless there is a trampoline or something involved there is no way that my original thought could be accurate.

I am thinking maybe toddlers? About 50 of them? Running constantly? Or maybe a step-aerobics class for very heavy gnomes?

I miss my old upstairs neighbor. She was so blessedly quiet.

2 comments:

Kati said...

Possibly a beagle or two???? Or a couple of chubby dachshunds???? I mean, it only takes 2 or 3 dogs at a full gallop to sound like a herd of elephants, and since you said they sound short-legged.... I'd guess some floppy-earred beagles or dachshunds. *grin* I hope it doesn't keep Little Sprout awake during her naps, or you when you finally get to sleep!

barefoot gardener said...

I would have gone for the dog theory, but we aren't allowed pets in this building.

No, I talked to the building manager, and I guess it is a family with small children. They just started moving in on the first, so DH and I are going to give them a week or two before we start complaining.

I just hope Big Sprout was never that loud to OUR downstairs neighbors when we were on the 3rd floor. I will have to track them down and ask. If she was, I owe them a HUGE apology.