And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Thursday, October 11, 2007

Memories...

To think it all began with a challenge.

I was a single mom, and had absolutely zero interest in dating. So when I met a guy at a bar and he asked me out, I came up with every excuse under the sun. He was persistant, and my mom REALLY wanted me to get a life. So she taunted me with the thought that I was still letting my ex ruin my life and then came the fatefull words:

"I'm not asking you to MARRY the guy!"

Well, mom, the joke is on you, because four years ago today I did marry him. Four years ago today Big Sprout announced to anyone who would listen that it was her wedding day, and in a way it was. It was the day I gained a loving husband and she gained a loving father. It was a good day.

Happy Anniversary, Love.

Here is a picture of Big Sprout on "our" wedding day. No, we did not wear cowboy hats at our wedding, this one belonged to her grandpa.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep in mind that you usually do the opposite of what I suggest. Those fateful words did get you out on a date and into a great relationship.

Love
Mom

Kati said...

Awwww!!!! Happy Anniversary to you & your hubby & Big Sprout! And Big Sprout looks like such a cutie back then!!!

Deb said...

Happy anniversary! Big Sprout looks like she was totally thrilled. :)

RuthieJ said...

Happy Anniversary....here's to "happily ever after!"

barefoot gardener said...

Mom-

I don't ALWAYS do the opposite. Sometimes I do what you say, I just modify it a bit.

Kati, Deb, and Ruthie-

Thanks for the well wishing. I am a little in shock that I have been married for 4 years already. Where does the time go?