And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Time Flies



I can't believe how grown up Big Sprout is getting! Though she let me walk her to the bus stop yesterday, today she told me that she was too old for that, and that I could stay home.

It was nice to not have to go out that early in the morning, but the fact that it is no longer cool for her to be seen with her mom is sad. Big Sprout is getting to the age where she doesn't need me so much anymore. Still, I am glad that she is gaining some independence. As long as she keeps thinking I am a "cool mom", I think we will do alright.

2 comments:

Kati said...

LOL She looks so self-assured in that pic! And kinda like she's saying "Mom.... Do you REALLY have to do that?" *wink*

barefoot gardener said...

Kati-
Oh, yeah. She is a very confident little gal. It was actually a fight for her to let me go with to the bus stop on the first day of school, and though she was fairly gracious, I could really tell she was glad I didn't push it for the rest of this week. *smile* I am glad my little one is so independent, but I miss being the center of her world.