Little Sprout is being a pain, so about the only thing I can do is sit on the 'puter and hold her.
I thought I would share some miscellaneous moments of my life.
1. The other day, when I went shopping at the local market, I brought my own bag. This is something I have been really trying to remember to do lately, but haven't managed to do it when shopping at this particular store. Evidently no one else has, either. I have never seen such a reaction of shock when I asked the girl not to put my items in the bag. First, she goes "oh, you want paper?". Then, when I pointed at the canvas bag I had helpfully placed on the bagging shelf, she just looked at me like I had grown a second head. Could she really have never heard of such a thing? This is a small town, but really.
2. I have tons of tomatoes that need picking, but I just don't seem to have the juice to go get them. Mostly I just don't want to bring the kids. Some quiet time in the garden would be much appreciated.
3. I have been planning flower beds for next year, as the current beds are either overcrowded or boring.
4. I went and checked out the local farmer's market last Saturday. There were maybe 6 vendors there, and I didn't see anything truly fantastic. I was very disappointed, but hope to find a more active market in one of the surrounding communities.
5. I have banished paper plates from the house. We are going on our second month without them now. It's a small step, but at least it is in the right direction.
6. Temps the last couple of days have been mid-90's. Not very comfortable, but I have kept the a/c off for most of it.