And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm Crazy!

I have to be. I just took a second job. Not too long ago I was complaining that I didn't have enough time to accomplish the things that need doing, and now I have taken another job to take time away from gardening and housekeeping. Maybe I'm not crazy, maybe it's just that I am stupid.

The deal is that once upon a time I had a job that I loved. Even when I hated it I loved it. I had to leave that job for an overnight position to save on daycare costs. That was over 2 years ago, and I still miss it terribly. Three times now I have been contacted by my ex-boss, asking if I could come back. This time I just couldn't say no. It is only every other Saturday for 7 hours, so I should be able to handle that. The only problem is that now I will be working every weekend. This will definitely put a damper on family stuff. Still, the extra money will be great and I really like the work. I will just have to figure out a way to live longer on no sleep so that I can still go to family get-togethers. I suppose if it gets to be too much I could always quit, but I have a hard time with that.

* * * * * * * * * *

I have been thinking almost non-stop about how to make my "Gnome Homes" more sturdy and weather resistant. I have come up with some ideas, and now I have to try them out. I would like to figure out an area in the apartment where I could work on them, but I just don't know where I could carve out enough space. I am also running low on building supplies. I prefer to use natural materials, but there is only so much available in town. Maybe a trip up to my honorary uncle's place is in order. 160 acres should yield enough fallen wood, bark, twigs, etc for several houses, don't you think?

No comments: