And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, July 23, 2007

OK, Here I go

I am going to make my first attempt at canning this week. With the freezer quickly filling up with beans and no end in sight to their production, I have to do something. Since it is best to freeze cabbage and broccoli (both of which I have fall crops planted for), I need to do something with the veggies that can be preserved in other ways. I am thinking of making some pickled beans, as I find these yummy on occasion, and just can the rest.

I am nervous. My mom has made jams many times, but I don't remember her ever using a pressure cooker/canner. I am sure I will do fine, as long as I follow directions (not something I am really good at). I just hope I neither blow up the apt or give my family food poisoning.

No comments: