And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, July 17, 2007

An important discovery

I don't need air conditioning!

OK, duh, noone really needs A/C. I know that. But when we were in our upstairs apt, it was truly an oven without the A/C on full blast all the time. When we moved downstairs, we had the air on because we were so hot and sweaty from carrying everything down two flights of stairs. I never turned it off, probably because I am so used to having it on all the time. Then the unit up and quit on us one day. The building manager hasn't been able to get the guy in to fix it yet, and amazingly I don't mind one bit! It got a little stuffy the other day, so I put a fan in the living room to move the air around a bit. Other than that, I am totally comfy. This is so exciting! I have felt guilty running the air for so long, because I know how it sucks juice and contributes to the environmental warming issue. Now no more guilt. Yee-haw!

No comments: