And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Monday, June 04, 2007



This is my garden helper. Isn't she cute? Of course, her favorite game right now is to throw all the toys onto the ground and watch Mommy grumble as she has to come out of the garden (again), wash her hands (again), and pick them all up....about every 5 minutes.





I have baby broccoli!!! I am so excited!






This is my peony in bloom. I thought it was pink, but I guess not. Maybe the pink ones were what I had at my other house.... Still, I like it. I will be moving it later this year, since it is a bit crowded in the present location.

I totally tore out all the plants in one of my raised beds. The compost I had used to amend the soil in it had been full of weed seeds, and they all seemed to pop up at once. There were so many that every time I pulled a weed, a seedling that I wanted came with it. So I pulled everything out and started over. Luckily it is early enough in the season that I could do that and still expect that I will get a harvest out of it. At least now I have proof that we need to re-do the compost bins. The compost is definitely not getting hot enough!

Well, I am off to dig in the dirt. Rain for the last couple of days will have sprouted many weeds, and I want to keep ahead of them this year....

No comments: