And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Friday, October 27, 2006

All the Deets

So as you can see below, I have had my baby. It was actually really funny because I lived every pregnant woman's nightmare. My water broke while I was shopping at Wal-Mart! Of course I was nowhere near the pickle aisle--hehe. Let me tell you I have never finished my shopping so fast in all my life. Labor seemed to take forever (almost 19 hrs), but when it came down to the nitty-gritty things went really fast. So fast that the doc wasn't even in the room when she was born and the nurse almost missed catching her! Everything went well, and we are both doing fabulously. DH says I was a trooper, but I wonder if he has really forgiven me for throwing a box of Kleenex at him. Hey, I had to get his attention somehow! I finally got to come home yesterday, and between visitors and taking care of household stuff I haven't even had time to breathe yet. Everyone keeps telling me to slow down, but what am I supposed to do when I have people dropping in at all hours for a visit, meals that need to be cooked, dishes that need washing, and a 7 yr old who still needs to get to school and all her activities plus spend time with mommy so she knows she is not forgotten? I figure I can sleep next week when DH is off work. Then it will be his turn for a while. Well, I will check in when I can.....

2 comments:

e4 said...

Belated congratulations! All that, and you still find time for an occasional blog entry too!

barefoot gardener said...

Thanks!
I feel bad, I made it sound like I was complaining. Really, things have been pretty good since getting home and I much prefer being busy to sitting in the hospital twiddling my thumbs...