And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Oh, No!!

I realized today I am getting old. First, there is the increasing intolerance for the stupidity of youth. Young folks letting their hormones do their thinking for them just makes me nuts. Then there is the fact that I have caught myself saying more and more "When I was your age...". I bemoan the state of the world today, and how it was so much better when I was young.

However, the most telling item on my list; the one thing that screams "you are OLD" is this: my grandmother sent me a bag of clothes she found at the back of the closet she thought would be comfortable for me in my pregnant state. Upon opening the bag I found several housedresses and muumuus (sp?) in horrible patterns and colors. I LOVE every one of them. They are comfy and non-restrictive. I believe I will wear them every day until the baby is born. So I say again...I must be old.

No comments: