And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran



Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tired...

Who thought being pregnant could make a girl this tired?! This week I have slept, on average, 10 hours a day. I could sleep more, but I have to work. I don't remember being this tired with my first-born, but that was 8 yrs ago. Like my doctor said, I am not as young as I used to be. Somehow that bothers me. I still feel as young as I did at that age. My doctor is also worried because I have lost 20 lbs during this pregnancy already. I know I lost a lot of weight last time, too, so I have not been worried. Only 2 1/2 weeks till we find out if it is a girl or a boy. I didn't know with my first and was fine with that, but as an avid garage sale-er, I want to know if I should be looking for boy or girl type stuff for baby this summer. We have 3 girls, so DH is hoping for a boy. Even my DD wants a boy. She says it's not fair for daddy to be all alone with all these girls. DD has requested to come to the ultrasound so that she can see a picture of the baby. She is so excited. I just hope she stays excited after the baby comes and wakes up in the middle of the night.

In garden news, we had some very hard rains last night, and though all my plants are all still standing they are covered in mud. We have had rain forcasted for tonight as well, and so I hope they get cleaned off then. I have had no further casualties due to cutworms, so I guess the collars worked. I also wonder if robins eat cutworms. I know they eat regular earthworms, so I have been hoping. The robins seem to love hopping around in the garden and eating whatever they please. Our beans are up and needing a little thinning, and the peas are doing well also. I am getting so impatient for the first produce. Nothing tastes so good as fresh vegetables right off the plant. Everything needs weeding, but with the rain it was just too wet to be out there on my knees. I know if I were a more hearty soul, a little wet would not bother me. I'm a wimp, I guess.

The sandman calls my name for yet another nap.....

No comments: